Monday 29 April 2013

Magazine Evaluation - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I feel that I've learnt a number of things that did help during this task and will help me in projects in the future, these things I've learnt being:

Time Management

During the preliminary task I found myself falling behind in work over and over again, especially when it came to creating parts of my blogger as well as creating the practical work. During this task I found it all much easier to handle, with the help of the Time Plan I created, I could schedule myself different parts of the week to do different elements of the project. I was more organised and was less stressed as the deadline to hand in the work came closer.



Software

I have learnt new skills in programs such as Photoshop and InDesign that I didn't know when starting to create the preliminary task. This has helped me further develop my work and add effects and methods of laying out objects that I didn't know before.
I now also understand the importance on InDesign with creating and laying out text. I used Photoshop to create the text in my preliminary task because I found it easier to manipulate it in that software, now I know how to do almost the same effects but in InDesign. This is sure to help me greatly in future projects also.

Photos

I now see the importance of the quality of photography in the projects. I was very lazy when it came to taking photos in the preliminary task and just took them around school. I now see the benefit of going outside the school gates to take images as their is a wide range of events related to my product that I can capture. After my preliminary task the photography was one thing I felt let my overall piece down as it was very generic and boring, now I understand how lighting and costume is also effective as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment